BENEFIT FOR PEACE, PROSPERITY, AND THE PLANET
(This page is still being updated.)
The Nashville Peace and Justice Center is holding a fundraising dinner on Friday, September 20, 2013 to help pay for the next day's festival. It will be held at Friends Meeting House, 530 26th Ave N.
Doors open 5:30; the meal will begin at 6:30. It will consist of foods from several countries of the middle east.
Suggested donation $20, or $100 for a table of 6; larger donations are welcome.
Speakers include eco-outlaw Diane Wilson and peace activist Paki Wieland. Additional details are still being planned. Contact Lynn Grassmeyer, email@example.com, to help with the planning and other aspects of the work.
THE MENU (tentative)
Dishes above are numbered to indicate donors below. We are grateful for the donations we have received from:
- Shirazi salad, vegetarian1
- Grape Leaves2
- Green Bean dish (vegetarian)2
- Rice dish3
- Shawarma, Gyra meat1, 4
- Hummus/Pita bread4
- Tanori bread w/ Feta chips1
- Baklava desert5
- Other dishes, TBA6,7
- Persian Shish Kabob Nashville, 4651 Nolensville Rd., Nashville
- Syrian Kebab Cuisine, Murfreesboro
- Egyptian-Greek Mediterranean Cuisine, 214 Ward Circle Ste.100, Brentwood
- Greek Athens Family Restaurant, 2526 Franklin Pk (8th Ave S), Nashville
- Lebanese-Greek Kalamata's, 3764 Hillsboro Pk. Nashville
- Iraqi House of Kabob, 216 Thompson Ln, Nashville
- Turkish Anatolia, 48 White Bridge Rd., Nashville